There are many reasons that one should have a 5 gallon bucket on a boat. It has so many uses already recognized, and I am sure that as time goes on we find more and more reasons for the bucket with a painter.
It amazes me when people ask why a bucket on a boat. It warranted that I put this post together so that I can share the concept of why the bucket is so important on a vessel.
Here are just a few of the reasons ….
- sea sickness catch basin
- ice and beer
- storage, even liquids when used with the sealing lid
- tools and equipment, like when going up the mast
- step stool
- backup head
- swabbing the deck
- can be used in the water, to slow a boat or to keep a boat on anchor in current
- place to put my coastguardcaptain.com stickers
- place to put caught fish and crab
- garbage can
- washing machine for clothes on board
- washing dishes out on deck
- dipping in the water for a quick wash down on deck
- emergency steering, when used with spinnaker pole and couple lines
More will be added as time goes on …..